Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Word From Our Sponsors

Hello! My name is Tyler. I am the author of Sometimes I Think I See Things Other People Do not. It's a blog involving short stories or drawings. Sometimes I plan them or relate them to a project I've been working on. Most of the time I make them up at 11:30 at night as an exercise to keep my...which side of the brain is the non math side......

Whatever.

I don't really have anything special tonight. I still kind of feel like the patient from my last post, like a hollow container filled with bouncing and rebounding ideas. Some of which I should really keep to myself. Now I know how the electron cloud feels. Wait what? That's an intangible object composed simply of the defined boundaries of the electron's travel distance. That didn't make sense.

So about me.

I'm just a ordinary cat, I'm into art and fuzzy rabbits, kinda smart with a big heart, and you can have it! Just kidding. That's from a song. Imagine you can float. You can float a little bit above the ground, not far but still float. Would you sacrafice never touching the ground again for that little bit of floating? Imagine you get reincarnated as a bug, and can only move on if you inform human you, that it is in fact you. Do you consider the lives of the small and squishable before you cut them short? It could be your own. I usually tell bugs to do something un-bug-like. They usually don't.

One time an ant ran in circles for like 3 minutes. I let him go outside.

What if you've been video taped since you were born? What if the camera is in your eyes, and one day, everything you have seen will be shown to a studio audience of your peers for judgement? Are you proud of what you do in the bathroom? What if the mirrors in your house are all one way mirrors and you just didn't know? Maybe you're unstable and the people you're around are assigned to keep an eye on you. They just don't have the heart to tell you.

What if you froze in time just then? Or passed out? Or fainted? Or switched personalities? Or broke into song? Unless there's a clock around or someone to look at you funny, you'd never know. Funny how conciousness defines who we are despite spending a large portion of our lives in a sleep. What does that mean for dreams?

I only had a few recurring dreams, but it was more like a progressing story. I've had some repeat locations. I've had repeat themes. My dreams are crazy. My aspirations are lofty. What's worse is I believe they will all be achieved.

I suppose this boils down to me being a very, very, normal teenage boy. College kid feeling confident in his stance on things and exploring the vast world of new ideas that has been presented to him. How very novel. How very noble when I arrogantly assume that I am above such things and shun those who are not. I'm not crazy or obsessive compulsive *adjusts glasses*. I'm not depressed and I don't have an anxiety disorder. I'm absolutely normal, and that kills me every time.

Welcome to my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment