Friday, August 14, 2009

Do You Ever Get the Fear?

Oscar Lowe's Notes

Upon A Strange Dream


Two nights ago I had the strangest dream. I was exiting the forest outside of my house, but it was alive...with the sound of music! Not that blaring noise of popularity today, and not the orchestras of yester-year. But a mighty parade of sound that bounded across the boughs and slipped over the streams as smoothe as silk. I was leading it, a great figurehead ratta-tat-tating with chest out and shoulders back, chin up to the sky. The trees and were the brass and strange creatures of unknown origin were my marching companions.

I am unsure of them, these strangers. They seemed so familiar. They seemed to know me, why? Why would they follow me into this strange world in my head? Such honesty of emotion. How could we be so true? How could anyone?

I tried, last night, to resume this dream. It was like standing at the doorstep of a house you've only seen in a picture before. I was reaching for the bell but was suddenly twisted. Suddenly the woods were a cage to my men. The only thing in unison were our racing hearts as fear mused us along amongst the brambles. Why did my symphony betray me? This place that was a home was a prison. And these people that were around me were not my friends.

"Breathe Oscar, breathe. You can save us. You can end this," he says.

"Who are you?? What do you want from me?!"

Safe to say, I won't be revisiting that dream again...

God, what does it take to get a drink in this place?

-Oscar












(Bonus Round: What song did I just refrence?)

No comments:

Post a Comment