Tuesday, August 4, 2009

II: Growing Up

Journal Entries of Francis Du'Mort:

II: Growing Up

I've found myself a little time to write now, it's been a few days by my account. We have yet to arrive anywhere different, and yet this whole world feels so new. I've been observing my counterparts and I have to say, I am impressed. We have come to a common means of speaking, a tongue we forged from what all of us could understand of eachother.

I am eager to learn, but I still feel slightly lacking physically. My bones creak with the strain of being in constant motion, I can feel them growing wildly to compensate for my newfound surroundings. It is both elating and frustrating, as I cannot seem to gain my composure.

I feel so giddy though. Every small spectacle is an astonishment, natural occurances, thousands of years of repetition, are so breath taking to me. I can feel my naive eyes drinking in my environment more and more hungrily. I want to know everything. I want to feel everything. Life is beautiful and simple and so complex.

I feel I must go now and explore some more. I still feel as though this expanse, this place, has no boundaries. Life is a book I am reading voraciously. I cannot be stopped.

This is paradise.

-Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment