Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well Have You Seen My Baby Boys?

They're very lonely.

Gentlemen in hats, boys with rocks, kids with devilish grins betraying a truely premature understanding of their tiny world. How I feel for them. They cry out to a man who can hear them but is unable to assist. They pray for miracles and recieve tears. I am so sorry children. I didn't mean it. I thought you could take care of yourselves. I thought that I had it right. Now I have to watch, an anguished observer, as my baby boys cry over split knees and torn hearts.

Grow up as slowly as possible, expect as much as you want, take what you can when it seems right and please, please, never feel that you are alone. Sometimes the only way to teach a man is to let him teach himself. But I still watch, and cringe every time you stumble. Those stones won't break your legs but they still rend my cluched chest. They turn my stomach. Please be careful out there. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment