Friday, September 4, 2009

This Martian Ends His Mission

My father told me a story once about when he was a younger man, and he sat his parents down.

He was very concerned.

He asked them, in all seriousness, if he was an alien.

He felt disconnected from society. He didn't understand other people. He didn't want do deal with a confusing and ever changing reality that, although subjective, was none the less difficult to muddle through especially for an intelligent young mind.

They just laughed at him, they thought it was a joke.

He never stopped believing.

One day my father sat me down.

He told me he saw how concerned I was becoming, and that I could relax, because we were a family of aliens.

Strangely enough, that was the most comforting thing he could have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment