Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Step, One, Two

So once again, now that I've accomplished the goals I've dropped them.
I wrote the songs and forgot them.
I know that I can and move on and
I get so much praise for so little.

Before, if I was frustrated I would hit reset and retry.
Now I fight until I win then put down the gloves.
What is worth it to me?
What is worth holding on when I could care less?

The victory isn't the focus, but it's the peak, afterwhich I feel my interests wane.
Another project, another theme, another self that I could be.

How hollow the work is.
It shows potential, and yet it is finished.

I know I can, so I don't.

You all see the budding form, I see only the lines.

What is this reliance on new material? Why do I stop caring?

If art is an expression of self...I really don't give a good shit if I'm lonely.

How can I force myself to hold on?

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Risk.. :b
    I may be misunderstanding this, but may be you just have to take what you learn and do what you want. There are no boundaries, but for some strange reason the majority that I've seen do not notice. I guess it's how society is structured. You just need to step back. :> Take a breath...
    Though I do like...neh you don't need a compliment now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice MO reference.

    You know, this doesn't mean you're a failure as an artist and creator.

    Shit, not that it helps you, but I can barely get started on any project because I can't focus on one place long enough to get it finished in one running, or at all ever.


    You're just fickle, and possibly human. No, maybe not fickle, just...I think you have such a thirst to make and get out your freakin endless stream of ideas and characters and stories that it'll never be fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh...I am confusing....If you see yourself as a failed artist then you failed to see yourself as a good artist.

    ReplyDelete