Monday, September 7, 2009

I Know This Is Belated

This is riding the fine line between belated and never sent.
At which point should the sender just forget it?

"It's the thought that counts"
Counts in seconds and only lasts a few.

I was the one who kept my mouth shut.
I was the pride you grabbed by the reins.
I was burning up and loving every minute of it.
It's not a feeling or a word or a song.
It's not written in any book.
It's smeared on the faces of the young.
It's carved into the skin of the old.

This is almost not worth saying.
Meaning being meaning wether expressed or not.
Time being relevant, our bones lasting longer than our skin.
But the dirt lasts longer than our bones.
So maybe when we're dirt it will be opportune.
I'll step up and apologize.
It takes me 12 seconds to come up with a witty response.
I plan everything I say to you.
This is the search for another way to spin the wheel.
This is a sound you cannot hear because it's all around you.

I know this is belated,
But I love you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment