Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mexican Nights

Dreamily we may drift, toes cascade like quick bullets off rubber padding, harmless, shameless, devoted and devout.

Idly we shimmy across what was not a floor, no, it was a rooftop, a balcony, a lofty dream for two lovestruck kids. I call it time well spent.

However many days we might stay here, where every meal is a dance, and the only illumination besides the setting sun is a loose string of christmas lights, we will be laughing and smiling.

I have to face premature sorrow, because I know we will one day leave. Until then, we've been invited to something of a new world here. You are the object of the collective eye of the universe right now. How lucky I am to captivate you. How revrent I am of my purpose, how steady are my steps, perfect is my time. We move in rhythm to music being played a block down the street. We love it.

It feels so fast, like time spent inspired. A quick pace only makes for a good time I guess. Here we go again, just another Mexican Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment