Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Told You To Get Out

The author of the quote "life's not fair" needs to retrace their steps. Every moment building in potential energy leads to the conclusions we are faced with. And if they do not, if some alternative force acts upon us, changing our direction, we should have prepared for that before our feet even left the ground.

"It started quite young." A cliche' quote in iteself, yet the truest I know. It did start in my youth, as simple games of amusement for a child not alone, not lonely, but simply playing by himself. I counted steps of toy soldiers and slowly rehearsed the same tired stories I would, in my adult life, write on paper and sell to the masses.

As I grew, so too did my fears of the dark. So too grew my yearning to have two more legs, so I could walk evenly in steps on the pavement, with a constant, even, ever-changing pattern. Now I just want those legs I do possess cut off. It's dismal and self-centered to focus on such things, but I do.

What's worse? In my time of speaking to others, so short a time that it is for a lifetime is but an instant and a great majority of it is spent sleeping or in the washroom; in my time with others, I feign trying to hide my pains, but I don't, I bathe in them. I bask in the glory of a self-appointed title, martyr.

It started quite young, my urge to not let my foods touch as they rest upon my plate. Now, as I've aged, I don't serve myself more than one item at a time. Soon I just won't eat. I'd rather die than have my food feeling sorry for itself.

You told me you felt sorry for myself. I told you to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment