Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Fun Song

Twice beneath my narrow neck
Behind the curtain that is breathing
You sent feeling that defeated me
My wits, my charm and I

I fell in such a way
That would embarass my own father
He forgets that I choose to bother
With affairs of whim but I

I feel like you know you always had me
And the time appart was just a day away
When I took your hand right back
You smiled and said

"Where are we going?
You're late."
And I laughed the night away.

I forged through hurried steps
A path inside your garden
I broke grass blades with abandon
I left footprints on your floor

Now the time has come to leave
But I can always find my way
Just like every other day
I walk an hour to your door.

I feel like you had me the whole time
When I let you go but I couldn't feel a thing
Beneath these beating wings fluttering
My lungs just sat there stuttering

Until I spat the words out suddenly
"You're mine."




I know that these days...these days
It's rather easy to get lonely
And you'd rather not love somebody
But I guess...
I guess I'm just your type.

1 comment:

  1. I forged through hurried steps
    A path inside your garden
    I broke grass blades with abandon
    I left footprints on your floor

    I enjoy that bit a lot.

    ReplyDelete