Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Make Amends

12:03 on an old side road.
It's hot enough to unbutton the top button of a hawaiian print shit.
I've got a tee so I just suffer through it.
Grass on both sides, to the right sparse trees, and to the left pasture.
I could go, I'm almost gone.
I didn't pull all the way up to the stop sign.
I'm about 10 feet away, close enough to taste it, but cars wouldn't wait on me.
Who am I waiting on, you ask?
The love of my life of course.

The only sound is that of birds, uttering fast phrases to eachother.
Who comes back when all you've done is set fire to the dry grass of your hometown?
Who lovingly looks over the places you used to be so carefree?
I do, and I pass the time, left arm out the window.
She'll know I came back.
If she's as bitter as I expect her to be, she could stop the world from turning.
Just this one girl's two hands, firmly grasp, and stop existance.

And here she is, just as I expected.
She hasn't aged a day and neither have I.
She walks right over to me, across the field and over the fence.
She jumps through the open drivers window.
She smothers me in endless passion, and I return.

Only such a bitter girl could drop that hate as soon as I got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment