Friday, July 31, 2009

Trumpets Rise to Meet

Hi.

Sometimes I think people don't take things serious enough. Someone tries to go beyond words or pictures into a story or some imperceptible but wholly valid meaning, and you cannot stand yourself without snickering in it's direction. Sick.

Sometimes I feel like we all take things too seriously. It's just a picture. They're just words. No more or less than pass your lips during every conversation you've ever had.

I think my pictures are a slightly truer perspective into myself, because they are bad. I can't express myself as well, so you can see me trying, and see what I'm aiming for. My writing has such a control and a smug grimace to it, it's so arrogant in and of itself. It's too planned to be true. Maybe I'm backwards.

I think if there are forces out there that cause events we cannot explain, free will, emotions, attraction to art, deja vu, etc. that those forces are wholly inconcieveable. Stop trying. If you could understand it, that would defeat it's purpose, and it wouldn't exist anymore.

Could you kill something by knowing it?

(soft piano transition)

Does hearing the ocean make you at the ocean? No.

But the sounds, sights and smells can be replicated, precisely. So, the unique feeling of staring out into the ocean, at a possibly endless horizon. That feeling is all that makes the ocean the ocean to you or I.

Does that feeling exist? Is it explainable? Should it be?

No.

Just go with the flow man.

(soft violins exit)

No comments:

Post a Comment