Saturday, July 11, 2009

Goodbye

I always got the feeling that if you knew how you would die, you would be able to have something important planned to say.

I always thought that you got a few seconds to get something out between this world and the next.

I always thought if you knew what God was, or was not, you would be able to talk to him about death, and maybe come to an agreeance.

Now I get the feeling that if you know all the ways you could die, you would spend less time worrying about it and more time living.

Now I think that you get a lifetime of telling friends you love them between this world and the next, and that time starts right now.

I think that if we knew what God is, or is not, that would defeat the purpose of having God around.

I'm not leaving.

I'm moving.

I'm moving from one frame of refrence to another, in short, calculated sidesteps.

I used to think too much.

Here's some classics to tide you over while I'm away.

Classic Tyler Poems

Rainy Day


I spent today inside
Dark rainclouds formed a shade over my eyes
So I pulled ope the shutters in my mind
And, to no great surprise, I spent my day
Thinking of you

Each tiny raindrop a memory
Pouring forth until there came to be
An ocean in my room, a flood of deepest sincerity
But I could see you through the waves with perfect clarity

Not a word from your mouth now
Save your air to breathe
And come dive under the water with me

The Voyage

As I swing on the swing attached to the old tree
Near the house I've lived in for so long
I hear voices now, they are calling out to me
Like the words of an old song

They speak of a girl who is gently now weeping
She's calling me to come take her hand
She tells me now of a secret she's keeping
Of a far off and wonderful land

They tell me that there the sun sings a sweet song
The forests and brooks tell an old tale
I've lived in the house by the old tree for so lon
Do I dare leave now and set sail?

I look to her now and her eyes shine with moonlight
She sits and she looks and she prays
That I will show trust in this new world that's so bright
That I will come with her one of these days

They say it's far but 5 hours, 3 days, 9 years, I don't know
I sit on the shores of my own contemplations
I'm told I really shouldn't go...

The burden's to heavy my mind I feel breaking
My heart shall soon follow, I know
I think to the girl with the smile so breathtaking
I'm starting to think I might go...

1 comment: