Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pannel One

This Is Why We Don't Go Into The Woods At Night

Will begin with.

"Mommy, tell me again."
"Tell you what again?"
"Tell me about the forest"

This is the tender tale of a young boy who traverses through the wilderness to find great adventure with (previously misrepresented) nightmare creatures.

Sound like "Where The Wild Things Are"?

Probably does.

That was my childhood.

The Night Man, yet un-named, was a writer who couldn't sleep (again with the sleep??) so he wandered into the woods to find the dark beings that lurked in a man's brain. He (according to legend) got stuck there, and from then on, wandered out of the woods at night looking for small children to steal who would take his place so he could finally leave the woods for good.

One of his poems goes like this (or so I think.)

"When I stop and idle my fingers,
This terrible feeling does linger,
That beasts will come large, and eat off my arms,
So I write all I can while they're still here."


That will not be included in the story...but I think it's something he would write.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment