Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why Do You Keep Telling Me What's Real?

12:00
Stopped writing your letter, will resume tomorrow.

12:35
Fall into my sheets, coiled close like a serpent and a cape and everything warm and comfey combined.

3:09
Awaken to a strange light, and tiptoe to my brother's window.

And that's when I observed them, every single animal was leaving.

They were going in line, en route, to the top of a hill on just the other side of the woods at the edge of town. Quietly, in no rush or order, but in such a fashion like might never be seen again.

Twas strange how unsurprised I was, that at the end of the day, the creatures are the innocent ones. They get taken to, what might literally be, greener pastures.

I caught a glimpse of the Savior of the Animals and he looked at me and I felt alright. No remorse, not pain persay. He just spoke, continuously, with all of his body, with every motion and gaze. And I still felt alright about what he told me.

I knew that it was time to go to bed again, and he bid me farewell and promised me good tidings should I ever need to call his name.

Funny thing is, I didn't.

The woods whisper to me just fine already. So when my day comes, I think I'd like to be set out on a boat, into the big pile of oak leaves, and see where the rings of the trees can take me. Down into someone else's sky, I suppose.

Goodnight to the creatures outside, and I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment