Monday, October 12, 2009

Clean

What? You want to stop? No, you're not allowed!!

Of course that was my reaction, whole hearted and honest. I apologize now, in retrospect I suppose that could sound a bit harsh. I like how in retrospect, we feel bad for honesty. Only lies are acceptable. But to keep with the truth of the matter, you absolutely cannot quit on me. You are so great, at everything. You can do anything you want, you've got more than potential or talent or ideas. You've got a life nobody else can compare to. You radiate light and can speak to clouds and I wouldn't doubt if you knew it but didn't care.

But some of us do. So don't you quit on us now. You're a damn fool. You're off in your own head. You're a kite and you're flying off by yourself, and I couldn't hold you here with a chain or a rope or a fist. I swear to god, you're a fool if I ever met one. And that's just what people these days need. They need a hopeless dreamer and a big heart and potential. Be a starving artist, at least for the rest of us who are full up on the monotony of life. Please. Please be what we'll never admit we live for.

Honestly? You're perfect.

Will it destroy you in the end?

Well, I'm going to stop being honest now.

At least you know we all love you, right?

1 comment: