Friday, October 2, 2009

How To Mistake One Person For Another

Have you ever met one of those people who seems like some other people? They look like two of your friends mashed into one?

Well let me tell you, I am one of those people, and I am not two of your friends mashed together. I don't know what bands you like, and the fact that you refrence an inside joke involving the term "moose pants" that makes no sense, really offends me.

Maybe I have a personality of my own, like a normal human being, huh? Maybe I have had life experiences and everything you assumed about me on first glance was as much a stereotype as any sexist comment about whore tattoos could be.

Don't look at me like an alien now, don't look mad. Is this how your friend would react? Wouldn't you feel worse if I was actually someone you cared about?

Well then, I guess I'm not. And I guess that's what I've been trying to prove to you this whole damn conversation.

Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment