Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tonight I Feel Like

Tonight I feel like a storybook

I have pages bound, dissimilar, but the same.
Related, but marked wildly and uniquely.

I am an illustration, a captured moment that never existed.
A figment brought to life through symbols, by suggestions.
Your eyes are required to complete the cycle.
Your keen senses, you take in my every detail.
You read aloud the words imprinted on my flesh,
"Alas, One More Tale About Love."
You chop the words with your incisors.
You caress them with your tongue.
You ingest them, watch them spread through your stystem.

I am a virus.
I will consume you, and then leave you weak and empty.
You will feel my tiny spikes, in your wrists most of all.
As you turn the page, continually.

I am a storybook you cannot put down.
But I will be finished quite soon.
And you will be one of the priviledged few
Who know everything about me.
Cover to cover.

1 comment: