Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oopse

Hey, sorry this is awkward. The kind of, "my face is mashed up on your face beccause we're on a train" awkward. I mean...our faces are mashed together so I suppose that makes sense. So, would you like to know how this occured? I bet you would. And we may be here for a while, so here it goes.

I was in my room and it was late so my empty mind was fighting my tired eyes. They were heavy and as I rolled into my resting place I completed my nightly ritual of thanking God for everyone I loved. Stupidly though, I made a wish. This is something I forgot that I swore to never do again. But it's a bit late for regret.

Anyhow, I asked God to lengthen my arms, because my aspirations seemed to have become less lofty as of late. They were floating just above my head and just out of reach, like a lightbulb that just needed one more good turn to complete the circut. Looks like I wasn't specific enough.

My arms grew out and out, but not up. I felt them crawl across the town, each loose stone in the pavement branding my knuckles, moving with purpose to something even I wouldn't admit to selfishly wanting. They crept up to your door and rang your bell but climbed in through the window instead. They came into your room and ensared you and you felt so warm. Yes, I felt you, even though I had no control over it.

They got bored enough and kept growing, and went into my parent's old shop and started cleaning, like I promised I would last week. Cleaning each little saucer and miniature chinaware tea cup.

While they were distracted I followed them and caught up at your house, but they suddenly started going back to normal. They drug backwards across the streets, over the roads and through the river. My bones cracked and here we are awkwardly, and I can't release my hold on you.

Even if I wanted to.

Luckily, I don't though.

2 comments: