Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thursday? Death.

I'm sure you would-be suitors have said
All of the lengths to which they would go.
I do not aspire to please or calm you
I will make you shake like nobody else.
You will hurt immeasurebly.
You will hurt from want.
How impressive are such remarks?
Very, as long as I follow through.
And trust me, I plan to.

(Reverse of a common notion)

I will follow the dark into you.
I will weave shadows like cloth.
My percise blade of silk
Cuts soft but deep.

Empassioned love in blackness.
How quick you are to touch.
And yet, my love, you forget this:
This is no matter of trust.

I will follow the dark into you.
Absolutely.
Endlessly.
No matter what.

(Do you catch my drift?)

We are two children outside past dark
We play together only in competition
Who can evade their own fears faster?
Who can sleep?
Who can find shade in the midnight hour?
Time will tell if it's you or me.

1 comment: