Friday, December 4, 2009

Hello Love

So it's been a while since we had a sit down.
Hey, how's it going.
Fine? How surprising, fine.
Decent.
Adequate.
Nice.
No, I don't accept those answers.
I refuse to hear another blow off comment.
Tell me what ails you, because something does.
You seem sad, upset, distant, preoccupied.
Call it what you will, you evasive word bender.

Tell me what's eating you or I won't ask anymore.
But I will, it's my lot in life.
To prove that SOMEONE won't give up on you.
You knew that you kept too much in, and that's why others left.
But I'll stay just because of that.

Are you opposed to a little fun?
Poke some at me if it's an issue here.
I'll joke you out of your deepest secrets.

Come now, look it's been almost two years.
Now the only things I don't know are petty daily issues.
Not even worth your breath.

Now I am useless, but I suppose I'll still ask how you are.
When you're genuinely fine, it makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. (Ack! I haven't been reading your blog lately. Or anyone's lately! Gotta catch up on that. >w<)

    Thank ya for your comment on my bloggity blog. LOVE that they're gone!
    Course ya gotta see the teeths, everyone must seen them! I should just run around town grinning insanely.

    ReplyDelete